Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Harry Potter

This weekend the kids and I watched a Harry Potter marathon. We love Harry Potter. The kids enjoy the movies and I loved the books.

For the last book, our main Library had a big event to celebrate the book. They turned the library into Hogwarts. I think I had more fun than the kids did. There were trivia games, costume contests and video games. It was one of the best book events I’ve ever attended.

The movies introduced me to the books, because I wanted to see if they lived up to the movies. They were even better. I just loved the vivid imagination of Ms. Rowling. She took a simple idea and ran with it. Yes there are many books about witches, but she expanded on her idea and made it an adventure for the reader.

I know a lot of people didn’t like the books but as I told my children it’s not real life its fiction.

I’ve learned from these books that anything is possible when you’re writing. Let your imagination flow and don’t let the word intimidate you.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, what did you like about the writing?

No comments: