Monday, April 10, 2006
Author Intro - Dena Dyer
Speaker, Writer, Motivator
Dena Dyer speaks and writes to busy women, encouraging them to make space for solitude, silence, beauty and grace in their daily lives. She also urges women to reawaken their sense of wonder and creatively add gracious touches to their everyday lives.
Just what is a Groovy Chick?
The Groovy Chicks’ Roadtrip
Just like life, The Groovy Chicks' Roadtrip™ to Peace is full of humor, inspiration and real-life ups and downs. Delving into this brand-new "Chick Lit" compilation, you'll find stories about infertility, depression, churchiness versus godliness, and much, much more! And as if the trip weren't unpredictable enough, our 60's alter-egos, Starshine and Pepper, provide wacky, wise, and sometimes-poignant sidebars.
The reason for the journey? To remind women in this chaotic world that Jesus is the only REAL roadmap to peace, and that with God, we can ALL be groovy! The Message says in Psalm 18:30:
“What a God! His road
Stretches straight and smooth.
Every God-direction is road-tested.
Everyone who runs toward him
So if you're in a groovy mood--or if you just need to laugh--set aside your cares, and let the Groovy Chicks drive you from fear to faith, from hurt to healing, and from chaos to contentment!
And who better to take you on the road than two crazy, God-fearing hippies? So pack your bags and hop in the VW Bus!
You Know You're a Groovy Chick If...
10. You love to laugh (especially at yourself!) and see life as a celebration.
9. You know that God cares more about the size of your heart than the size of your jeans.
8. Your wardrobe, accessories, and home décor reflect the real you.
7. You can multitask with the best of them, but you also know that the Proverbs 31 woman didn’t do it all in one day.
6. You carve out moments in your busy schedule to spend time with friends and family.
5. You have trouble resisting a bargain, sweet baby, or cute puppy.
4. Your car may be messy, but it’s only because you’re the carpool/soccer/mission trip Volunteer Queen.
3. You appreciate old age, especially if it’s staring you in the face.
2. You’re not a pacifist, but passionate about life.
And the #1 quality of a Groovy Chick is…
1. You know you are Groovy only because of Christ in you!