Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter

Even if you’re not a fan of the series, how could you miss out on the excitement? My family and I have been fans since the movie hit the screens, then we picked up the books.

Friday night my children and I spent the night at the library. They transformed the library into Hogwart Central. The kids that attended were divided into the different schools. We were a part of the Raven’s Claw school. My kids were too excited, and I will admit so was I.

As a book lover, I loved the idea of celebrating a book. They had a costume contest, flew paper planes all over the dining hall, trivia, potion creations, wand making and video games. The kids were able to play quibbige as if they were part of Harry’s team. They had pizza and butterbeer, which was really good. At 12:01 they passed out the books. My daughter had her signed by the Harry Potter crew. We sat up to 2 am reading some of the books.

I do hope this experience goes down in my kids memories as a good day with their mother. I know I had a wonderful time and look forward to the next superstar BOOK.

No comments: