Sunday, October 07, 2007

REST

The four letter word that isn’t in a busy mother’s vocabulary. When do we have time to rest?

These past two weeks I had to relearn the meaning of rest.

It was hard, because I cook the dinner, I wash the clothes, I make sure the baby is washed and fed, I clean the bathrooms, I do the dishes and many other things. However for two weeks those things were off the agenda. It was hard because that’s part of my life. Sitting on the couch watching t.v. or movies is about all I could do. I couldn’t even pick up the baby, which sucked because he didn’t understand.

I was pretty good because I let my family take up the slack. Thank God for my hubby and mother. They worked together to do what I do. The kids were great too, even on the days when the baby had drove them to the limit. Yes we have a spoiled 8mth old who think he runs the house and he can’t even talk. I blame the kids because they picked him up at ever sound he made now he thinks he’s suppose to be carried everywhere.

This week he’s realized he has legs and wants to stand. I think we might go straight to walking like his big sister did. Oh my watch out for Sean.

I listen to a book on tape - My sister’s keeper. Wow a good book, made me do some heavy thinking. Especially about what is our reason for being here.

I’m thankful for these two weeks. I have been tired every since I found out I was pregnant. I had plenty of sleep. I don’t feel like an old hag anymore. I feel rejuvenated. I feel refreshed.

Sometimes when we don’t want to sit down, God will sit you down. He knows us better, so the best thing to do is to listen.

Thank you Jesus for sitting me down. Thank you to opening my eyes to my health. Thank you for appreciating me and loving me. Thank you for making me REST. I sure needed it.

2 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Thnak God you got the rest you needed!

I'm all too well acquainted with that feeling of perpetual fatigue following the pregnancy and birth. Maybe it will get a bit better now that you've had an opportunity to feel refreshed.

And hey, the baby's almost a year old. Before you know it, he'll be two, then three...

LaShaunda said...

Don't they grow up fast?