Tuesday, December 15, 2009

15 Minutes

When I took up Patricia’s challenge, I just knew I would have time to write. I usually do a lot of my writing when the kids are asleep. However this past week I was so exhausted from the day, that I didn’t get any writing done. I was able to type about 500 words for last week and that was it.

I decided yesterday that I would try writing in chunks, 15 minute chunks. At work I get two 15 minute breaks so I’m using that time to write. I know I won't get a lot done but I’m trying to finish up, not stop writing.

December is a hard time to write because there are so many things happening during this time. Parties, shopping, gift wrapping, visiting with friends. Since I’m not on deadline, I have the luxury of writing when I want, but if I were on deadline, I would have to find time to squeeze in my writing.

I’ll let you know how my 15 minutes is working.

What about you, how do you find time to write during the holiday season?

No comments: