Monday, August 27, 2012

Are You Excited About Your Writing?

I love working with Independent Authors.  They are so excited about their new book it's contagious.  They have this vision on where their book is headed and there is no stopping them on the Buy My Book Train.

When I talk to them it makes me more excited about my own writing.  I’m inspired to keep on pushing because I know from their example there is an end to this madness.  One day there will be a published book.

Here are three ways to get excited about your book?

Write often – When you’re writing about your characters on a daily basis you get excited to see what adventure they are going to take you on.

Talk about your story – When you tell people about your story, your enthusiasm flows through. You’re telling someone about what you’ve created and it gets the excitement bubbling inside again.

Believe In your book - Independent Authors knows their book is going to be the next best seller.  There is nothing you can say or do to change their minds.  You can feel their excitement as they share how they are going to reach every book buyer in the world.  They believe in their book.  Do you believe in your book?  Do you see your book on the shelves? 

When I first started writing, I would go to the book store and find the spot where my book would be.  Back then it was under the Cs for Carruth.  Now I’m a little further down in the Hs.  I still can picture it because I believe in my book.

Are you excited about your writing or you in a slump wondering why do you do this to yourself everyday and for what?

No comments: