Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A wild week

We lost a great shero, Rosa Parks. Rosa decision to stay seated, change our world.

I survived the online conference. It was crazy. My computer decided to crash and there was no saving it. Thank God for my sister and mother having a computer. Just as I was back online, I was hit with a sinus infection. It tried to take me down, but the prayers went up and the Lord held on.

The conference was as my daughter says THE BOMB. We had some excellent panels, I felt like I was in the room with them. They shared their wisdom and I gained so much new knowledge about the crazy writing business.

No I haven’t given up on the dream. I do believe it will happen, in God’s time and not LaShaunda’s time.

The other day I was discussing this with my writing partner, my mother. I told her I’ve learned what patience is. With writing you have to learn patience. Just because you want to become published doesn’t mean it will happen. You have to wait and see. Its not easy, but its worth the wait.

I know there are a lot of you out there waiting too. STAND and know the Lord is on your side. When he makes a way it will happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lashaunda,

The conference was terrific. And perfect for someone who can't always be at a designated place at a designated time. I learned so much and it was terrific!

Stepping out on faith is scary and exhilirating. I left a job that I loved a few months ago. I had an enormous amount of work that didn't seem to end and I had a lot of family issues. Although the decision was difficult, it was the right one for me. I've been a lot poorer but much happier.

I don't know where the Lord is going to lead me, but I know it will be better than where I was. However, being patient is tough. I'm learning to pray for it and to try to embrace it.

But anyone who can put a conference together like that has only brightneess in her future!

And I know dreams do come true in the strangest ways and in the oddest of time. And sometimes the dream we thought we had had changed into something else because we've changed.

I'm learning that patience is more than just words or a virute. And I'm learning that joy is not something to take for granted.

Enjoy the journey of life. It's a thrilling ride! So ride and enjoy! Keep the faith!