Monday, July 10, 2006

AUTHOR INTRO: Dr. Lisa Fuller


See Ya On the Net: Tell us about your current book?

Dr. Lisa Fuller:
You Already Have All of the Tools that You Need is a Christian inspirational book composed of poems in a non-hymn form supported by Biblical scripture. The focus of the book is change. The book answers the question: How can I use God’s Word to bring about change in my life?

See Ya On the Net: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

Lisa Fuller:
The take home message is that change first starts in ones mind. With God’s help, we each have the ability to change our mindset and thinking thus producing change in our lives.

See Ya On the Net: What was the most profound lesson you learned while writing this book?

Lisa Fuller:
As I wrote this book, I found that God taken me through various seasons of change including spiritual, mental, and physical changes.

See Ya On the Net: What do you to improve your craft?

Lisa Fuller:
If you invest wisely into anything, your return for the most part is profitable. I make wise investments into my craft by first seeking God’s instruction through prayer for my life, placing myself in circles of people that have achieved what I want to accomplish such as professional writer’s groups. Additionally, I attend conferences and seminars and read a wide variety of books on various subjects.

See Ya On the Net: What makes your writing style unique?

Lisa Fuller:
I incorporate my professional training in medicine and mental health into ministry through my writing.

See Ya On the Net: What are you doing to promote your book?

Lisa Fuller:
Book promotions include book signing (in churches and book stores), speaking engagements, multi-media sources (radio and TV interviews) and Internet promotion.

See Ya On the Net: What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

Lisa Fuller:
The most surprising thing that I found was the transformation of the book from the initial idea, transcript, and drafts, to the finished version. It was amazing for me to witness the change.

See Ya On the Net: What do you do to make time for yourself?

Lisa Fuller:
The most important thing that I do to make time for myself is to schedule it. I find that if I don’t set aside specific time for myself, I will occupy my time with work or other activities.

See Ya On the Net: How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

Lisa Fuller:


Mail: Dr. Lisa Fuller
P.O. Box 401259
Redford, MI 48240-9259

Phone: (313) 645-1596

Website: www.drlisafuller.com

Email: drlisafuller@aol.com

1 comment:

LaShaunda said...

Hi Dr. Lisa,

Thank you so much for this interview.

Change is hard for some people. I hope many learn how to cope from your book.