Monday, April 09, 2007

AUTHOR INTRO: Jill Elizabeth Nelson


Jill Elizabeth Nelson juggles many hats--Christian, wife, Mom, housing manager, and yes, author. She's thrilled if the adventures that spill from her imagination in the To Catch a Thief series can raise awareness about art theft, deemed "a looming criminal enterprise" by the FBI. Jill and her husband Doug have raised four children and live in rural Minnesota.

BLURB: Reluctant Burglar


Stolen Indian artifacts . . .

A dead museum guard . . .

A missing wife and mom. . . .

A baby in mortal danger . . .

Museum security expert Desiree Jacobs and FBI agent Tony Lucano scramble to unearth the horrifying secret that links every incident. The investigation thrusts them into the path of something dark and sinister.

Something that craves blood sacrifice.

WEB SITE: http://www.jillelizabethnelson.com/

Question for the month: How do you introduce your book to a new reader?

Oh, that’s easy. I clobber the person over the head with a copy and holler, “You need to get one of these . . . or how about a dozen for friends and family!”

No, actually, I like to balance boldness with good taste. I’ll talk to anyone about my writing. In fact, I think I light up like a hundred watt bulb when somebody asks. But I like the conversation to be comfortable for everyone, which means the subject has to come up in a natural manner.

If someone is truly interested in hearing about my books, I focus my initial summary on genre and main characters. For instance, in the case of my To Catch a Thief series, I tell the person that I write romantic suspense about a museum security expert and an FBI agent tracking down art thieves. If interest lasts past that, I offer overviews of individual book plots, minus “spoilers,” of course.

No comments: