Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thank You God

I ended the month of May with a death of the friend, and I begin the month of June with the death of another friend.

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! -1 Chronicles 16:34

This reminds me to be thankful for God is good. I’m here today breathing with no health issues that I know of. My mother is doing great. My new baby is happy, content and fat. My family is happy.

This week I’ve been in procrastination mold, reading everything instead of writing. I’m thankful because I get another day to procrastinate. I’m thankful because yesterday while driving an idea came to me about another book. I quickly jotted it down on the back of a Mc Donald’s receipt. Thank God for red lights or I would have forgotten about it as I drove home.

Thank God for the writers, who inspire me everyday, like Beverly Jenkins. I started her new historical and I come up with a dozen ideas. So yes I’m still procrastinating, but the mind is working behind scenes, and I thank God for that.

No comments: