Thursday, August 20, 2009

Praying for my mother

Dealing with a sick parent has taught me a lot about the power of prayer. In 2003 my mother was in a coma for a week and I sent out a prayer request and God opened my mother’s eyes and a week later she was talking and ready to go home.

It feels like deju vu this week. I stepped into the hospital room and my mother was hooked up to the ventilator machines and unconscience.

It is so hard to see her like this, but I do believe God is able again. I’m asking for your prayers again. Lift her up today.

I know prayer works and I know God can heal her again.

Please pray for me and my family as we wait patiently for her to open her eyes again. Each day is hard, but with the help of God we get through it.

For those who are praying and continue to pray, thank you. Your prayers on our behalf have truly blessed my soul, knowing other’s have your back, make the hard time so much more bearable.

Keeping busy helps me stay focus.

2 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

Keeping you and your family in my prayers. I noticed your blog from Author Blogs and thought I'd drop by.

rhonda mcknight said...

So sorry I didn't know your mom was sick. I'm behind on my email yahoo groups and I see we were supposed to be praying in BW's. I pray she continues to heal and get better and I pray your strength as well.