Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Listening To God

Last night I had to wake my daughter up because she didn’t do the chores I asked her to do. She was really upset to be awakened from her good sleep. I was really upset because we’ve been bucking heads because she thinks she doesn’t need to do chores. NOT

In bed I’m praying about my children getting on my last nerve and the spirit begins to chastise me. Are you doing your chores? Are you being a good role model to your children?

I’ve been going through a few storms and I’ve been on a sabbatical from church. I keep telling myself that I’m tired, but God knows. Lazy.

It is so easy to stay in bed, than to pick up your cross and walk with Jesus.

He asked - Who am I to complain about my children when I’m not being a good child either?

I hear you father I called out. I’m sorry.

As my daughter crawled back in her bed after completing her chores, I prayed for a better frame of mind; for help to get past the laziness and for help getting past my storms.

Hopefully my children and I will get better at doing our chores and pleasing our parents.

2 comments:

rhonda mcknight said...

Wow. That was a powerful word from the Lord. Isn't it awesome how He speaks to us and gives us a chance to get it right.

LaShaunda said...

Thanks for stopping by Rhonda. I guess he was telling me I'm not perfect and my kids aren't either. Even when I think they should be. LOL

As I told my daughter last night, you not too old to get a spanking.