Monday, November 02, 2009

BOOK IN A MONTH

This month I decided to finish my WIP. I need words 33,944 to complete it (about 135 pages). I decided to tape my fav shows. Yes no t.v. during the week. I will be in writing mode Mon – Friday and off on the weekends. I decided that I wouldn’t write on the weekend, to use those days for the family who probably will disown me after this month is up.

Why am I doing this? I haven’t been in writing mood. Stresses from family issues have taking the motivation out of me. However I want to finish this book before the year ends. It’s one of my goals for this year and I will see it to the end. I also want to prove to myself that I can be discipline when it comes to writing. This is my dream and I need to know that I can handle the job. I like writing on my own terms, but when you get published. You have to step away from writing when you feel like it and write.

I’m also going to do something different and write on the computer. I usually write in a notebook, and then type it later. I want to see how I handle just writing on the computer and I also want to see how much I can produce in a months’ time.

Are you participating in the A book in a month this month? If you are happy writing and don’t beat yourself up if you don’t meet your daily goals. Tomorrow is a new day, just write.

Daily Goal – 7 pages

No comments: