Thursday, October 13, 2011

Commitment To Write

Randy Ingermanson says to be classified as a Junior writer you need to be writing 10 hours or more a week. At the most I write five hours a week.  I’m working on stepping that up.

I’m currently working with a freelance editor and my goal is to have the editing of my manuscript completed by December 16th, which means I need to work on my writing time in order to do that.

I have 368 pages to edit.  I decided to break the editing up by a daily count.

I have 50 days to edit which will break the pages down to 8 pages a day.   I write five days a week which will be 40 pages a week.

That’s not too bad.  I started on Monday and I edited 38 pages.  Not bad.

It takes a commitment to write.  I’ve made a commitment to my editor and posting this blog today, I’m making a commitment to myself.

I’ll keep you posted on how the goal is going.

What are your writing goals for the rest of the year?

No comments: