Sunday, November 13, 2011

Natural Hair Journey - First Hair Meet Up

I experienced my first hair meet up.  It was hosted at a shop called Twist in the Cherokee shopping area.

There were four ladies who showed up to learn about natural hair.  I host, Kelly was warm and welcoming.  She asked for a volunteer to show us how to do flat twists.  One of the ladies voluteered and she started the process by washing her hair.  She used a conditioner and oil to wash her hair with.

She blow dried her hair and began the flat twists.  While doing all this she explained different techniques and answered our questions about natural hair.

It was a fun time hanging with other women who shared their experiences of going natural.  We all had different reasons and difference grades of hair.  One young lady had locs and shared her experiences with them.

I'm looking forward to our next meet up.

Have you been to a natural hair meet up? 

P.S. Have you ever heard of a site called Meet Up?  This is a great place to learn about local groups in your area.  This is where I found my natural meet up.

No comments: