Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Death Penalty

An eye for an eye. I use to think this way until I watched a movie called Somersby. It changed my opinion about the death penalty.

I was hoping Arnold would give Tookie clemency. Mainly because as a society we say we want those in jail to turn their lives around. To be sorry for their actions and try to be a better person. I think in this situation it happen. I don’t think he should be excused from what he did, but he should have lived the rest of his life in prison.

You go to jail for killing someone. How is killing them making it right?

Maybe one day my opinion will change again, but for now I think we really should rethink the death penalty. Do we need it? Why have it if we’re going to continue asking for clemency. Send the people to jail and be done with it.

Ok I’m off of my soap box.

No comments: