Monday, November 13, 2006

In Memory of Gerald Levert


Gerald Levert
Whenever I asked an author whose music she listened to when writing, Gerald’s name always came up. His songs were the type of songs that inspired, love scenes and romance.

When I think of Gerald, I remember him starting out with Levert and how much I played their first CD when I was stationed in San Diego.

I had the pleasure of seeing them in concert once and seeing Gerald in concert twice.
I was front row center listening to him croon to us.

The G-Bear as his fans called him knew how to romance a woman.

My sympathy goes out to his family and fans.
I know we’re going to miss him forever.
His music will always be with us to inspire us even more.




3 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

He will be missed. that is for certain. Nobody in our generation could touch him on the soulful ballads. It's a loss...

LaShaunda said...

I wish I was close enough to attend his funeral. I feel like I lost a friend.

LaShaunda said...

Here's the link to his program/obiturary

http://eurweb.com/media/gerald/gerald_memorial_prog.pdf