Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Devotions

I’m trying to get better in making time for me and God. I’ve decided to write mini devotions as a way to encourage my writing and a way to read a new scripture.


Your Word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart – Jeremiah 15:16


Reading the Word should be an exciting adventure, but we sometimes make it a hard journey. Some people read for hours, some people read for a few minutes each day. Which is wrong? If you spend time dwelling on how long you’ve read the Word, you’ll never make time for reading.

I’m guilty of wondering if I’m reading enough. I’ve learned even reading one scripture a day helps you to get closer to God. Isn’t that what we all want to have a closer relationship with our Lord?

Join me as I learn new scriptures and grow closer to God.

No comments: