Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's On Your MP3


I'm always looking for new music to add to my MP3.
Music is how I flow during the day. It makes the day go faster and nicer.

I'm a Mary Mary fan, so of course I couldn't wait to hear the new CD. It was worth the wait, check it out.

The Sound album released in 2008 shows Mary Mary are not ones to shy away from in-your-face declarations of faith, the girls are now more intentional than ever about whom they adore, without for a moment compromising their call to innovation and growth. The introspective 'Seattle' is a prime example, a pensive prayer that asks the Lord to descend upon the soul the same way rain falls on the Emerald City. In the vein of Mary Mary standards 'Can't Give Up Now' and 'Yesterday,' a couple of ballads on The Sound stand out for their passionate delivery: 'I Trust You' (feat. Marvin Winans) and 'I Worship You' are easily the sonic and spiritual plateaus of the album.


Intro (Album Version) Mary Mary featuring Deborah Joy Imani Winans
2. The Sound
3. Get Up
4. Superfriend Mary Mary featuring David Banner
5. God In Me Mary Mary featuring Kierra 'Kiki' Sheard
6. Boom
7. I'm Running
8. Forgiven Me
9. Dirt
10. Seattle
11. I Worship You
12. It Will All Be Worth It

(highlighed ones are my favs right now)
Tell us what's rocking on your MP3.

1 comment:

Sean D. Young said...

Shaunda,

How are you? I hope all is well with you and yours.

I have about 3,000 songs on my ipod. I mostly listen to two playlists and they have:

Bishop Clarence McClendon
Donald Lawerence & Tri-City
The Hawkins Family
The Pace Sisters
The Clark Sisters
Mary Mary
Kirk Franklin
Tye Tribbett
Reeds Temple Choir
Rev. Timothy Wright

2nd One
The Whispers
Luther Vandross
Earth wind & Fire
Angie Stone
Gladys Knight & The Pips
Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
Usher
Keyshia Cole
Marvin Gaye

I just added the new MaryMary to the directory last night.