Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I DID IT

I submitted my first story to the Genesis contest. I wasn’t going to at first. My mother changed my mind. She reminded me that I was writing, but no one was reading my books. What’s the use of writing them if no one is reading them. I had the same words from another friend.
Do you think God was talking to me? LOL

I spent Saturday reading over the 15 pages and getting them ready. This one story I hadn’t looked at in a few months. Oh boy it was in need of some work.

Last week I had a teleseminar with Best selling author, Victoria Christopher Murray on editing your manuscript. She gave her tips on how she edits her manuscripts. It was an excellent workshop. I’m not going to give away all the tips, but I will give away one that will help me. She said you know you’re finish with the manuscript when you can pick a page and not be able to change anything on it.

I took this advice to heart when it came to the 15 pages. I worked on them all Saturday until I felt there was nothing else I could do to them. I pray the judges feel the same way.

I would love to win, but I’m really hoping for some excellent feedback to help me be a better writer and hopefully be able to get my manuscript in front of an agent or editor. All the craziness will be worth it.

2 comments:

rhonda mcknight said...

I hate I couldn't attend this. I needed it. Gonna have to call her and ask her what she told you guys! What about a repeat? Can she come back?

LaShaunda said...

I would love to have Victoria back. Put a bug in her ear. I'm sure those folks who wanted to attend but couldn't would be happy you did.