Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Reading List Update

I added the Birth to Five book by Brenda Nixon to my reading list. She is so on the money when it comes to toddlers. Here are seven that are perfect for my 2 year old.

All toddlers are egocentric – it is all about Sean

Toddlers are risk takers – love jumping off the stairs – five stairs up

Are movers – I wish I had his energy

Consummate language learner – I wonder where he get’s his vocabulary

Can’t tell time – He wants to know when we’re leaving a million times

Are scribblers – Every wall and appliance has his signature over them

Seek Independence – loves to do it himself.

Yes I have two other kids, but this third one is like starting all over again. I’m enjoying reading Brenda’s book. I’m learning I’m not that bad of a parent. LOL

1 comment:

Brenda Nixon, Author and Speaker said...

LOL LaShaunda - I can just picture little energetic Sean. Glad you're finding the book informative and affirming.