Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Survived Spring Break

Hanging out with my family can be trip sometimes.  I will admit I enjoyed Spring Break with the Hoffman crew and will consider making this an annual event for us.  However I will consider the following tips.

  1. Never have a suite that doesn’t include a room for the children.  Sharing a room is not the way to go.

  1. Remember your children aren’t angels, make sure they have things to do and if bored make sure they don’t have to occupy the same space.

  1. If its March madness time, leave the hubby at home because he doesn’t want to move from in front of the t.v.

  1. Bring your books (kindle, nook) because you will have time to read.

  1. Make sure the continental breakfast is something your family will eat or you will end up spending money on breakfast.

  1. Bring toys to play in the pool with, (noodles, balls etc)

  1. Bring plenty of change, for the vendor machines and arcade games.

  1. Bring the wii, it’s a fun way to hang out with kids and you get a little exercise.

  1. Bring the wii if you have netfix, saves on buying in room movies. (must have free internet to do this.)

  1. Bring your laptop so you hang out on facebook or play bejeweled.

Those are few tips that help me have a successful spring break with the family.  I didn’t get a chance to do any writing, but I did get to read and catch up on my 90 days Bible challenge.

I think if we’d had separate rooms, I’d gotten some writing and more reading in, but that’s fine.  The goal was to hang out with the family and that’s what I did.

How did you spend your spring break?

No comments: