Friday, February 10, 2012

WRITING JOURNEY: FINISHING YOUR GOALS

One of my biggest issues is finishing. I get all excited about a project then something else comes up and I'm off on that one. This month I decided I wanted to finish then move on to the next project.

I’m currently working on a manuscript and I’m doing the final read through before I hand it over to my beta reader. I’ve let everything get in front of it and before I knew it, January was over and I’m now into February.

The other day I read a post from Michael Hyatt who wrote about prioritizing your to do list. He offers some good advice that I used last week and it really helped me see what I need to do first and what I could work on later.

First you write down your to do list, then you go down the list and mark it with the following.

A – Urgent and Important
B – Important Not Urgent
C- Urgent not Important
D – Not urgent or important

This helped me a lot to see where I was messing around with and what I seriously needed to tackle. I thought I’d share it with you.

Do you have a system that works for you on completing your goals for the day?

No comments: