Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I Found It

Growing up I wanted to be a pastry chef. I loved to bake and I thought this would be the perfect career for me. Then I made a detour into the navy and met the chefs in there and realized it would be better to bake for a hobby and not for a living.

After getting married and having children, I sort of lost my desire to cook or even bake. I think having picky eaters helped. I began to resent cooking. I did a lot of praying over it because I missed how cooking made me feel. I wasn’t feeling the excitement anymore. It had become a chore.

This Thanksgiving, the desire came back. I found myself picking greens, yes this sister was picking turnips greens and not complaining. I baked three cakes, made a roast, mash potatoes, sweet potatoes and corn.

The best part was the feeling was back. I enjoyed cooking again. I guess it’s a good thing with Christmas right around the corner. My kids would never forgive me if I didn’t do our annual cookie making night.

Have you lost the desire to do something and found it again?

No comments: