Thursday, April 02, 2009

NO YELLING - Day 1

I survived my first day and no yelling. Believe me it wasn’t easy. The morning went well. The kids didn’t aggravate me, everyone was in a good mood, which made the morning flow perfect. My worse yelling times is after I pick the kids up from school. We stopped at the grocery store, the one place I’m known for yelling. We picked up dinner and went home with no yelling, even when my middle son wanted to whine because I wouldn’t buy him candy.

At home I did a lot of deep breathing instead of letting my tongue loose. I also called on Jesus a few times because I was seriously ready to let it loose. I was able to make it to bed without one mean word coming from my lips.

The biggest test came at 4:30 this morning when the youngest decided it was morning time and he need some milk because he was thirsty. I refuse to move and I stayed calm instead of letting the temper flare.

Both kids yelled a few times last night. They kept wanting to know what they would win if they make it through the month. I told them they win, learning how to be nice to people instead of mean.

I have a feeling this is going to be a rough month.

3 comments:

rhonda mcknight said...

I could never make it. I think my kids like the yelling. I mean they must.

Good luck to ya.

LaShaunda said...

Yes they only listen when you yell. Then they want to call you crazy. LOL

PatriciaW said...

What an interesting fasting choice. You can do this. Through God all things are possible!