Thursday, January 02, 2014

Beyonce Is Doing It Right

Beyonce surprised the world with dropping her CD on Friday 13th. She told her fans and her fans told their friends. She sold over 800,000 CD in one day.

That’s the kind of word of mouth you want for your writing or your business.

I’m on Beyonce mailing list, so I received her email about the CD, but I never got a chance to read it because her fans jumped on the social media and they went wild with talking about how great the CD and accompanying videos were.

Where you one of those who downloaded the CD without hearing one song?

I can say that I didn’t download the music, only because it’s on itune and I don’t do itune.

However I did hear the music this week and I will be getting a copy of the CD once it comes to where I buy my music.

Here’s what you can learn from Beyonce:

1.  Have a fan base. A fan base are who buy your books. This is your gold. You want to know who is buying your books and you want to know how to get in touch with them.

If you don’t have a fan base, start yours today.

2.  Word of mouth is still KING. Beyonce couldn’t have paid for all the free advertisement she received from her fans and their friends.

Talk about your book, have your friends and fans talk about your book.

3.  Social media can help with promotion. Beyonce fans were on social medias. All of them. Talking about her CD, taking pictures, writing FB status, sending tweets. They were everywhere, talking about her CD.

Are you on social media? Don’t miss out on this free promotion place. Find the places your readers are and sign up and engage with your readers.

4. Don’t miss a sale. My only complaint about Beyonce tactics is she sold the CD only on itunes for the day. She moved to other places later. However she lost a lot of sales because everyone is not on itunes.

Don’t miss out on sales because you don’t sell your book in all the right places that the readers are. Choosing one place to focus your sales, means you are losing sales from readers who buy from other places.

What do you learn from Beyonce?

No comments: