Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lessons Learned In 2013 - Get Off The Couch

I’m a couch potato and I’m not afraid to say I am, however my sister informed me that I needed to get off the couch more. At first I was a little insulted, but when I stepped back and looked at what I did once I’m home from work, I realized the couch and I had become best friends.

I use TV as a form of stress release, but I also was using it as a crutch to procrastinate and not live my life to the fullest.

I didn’t want to miss my shows, but I wasn’t writing like I wanted, I wasn’t socializing like I wanted and I wasn’t doing more things with my family like I wanted.

It was a big wake up call.

This year I’m using my calendar more often and scheduling ME days, family days, writing days, girlfriend days. It’s time to get off the couch and back into a fun life.

Are you glued to your couch?

Did you miss the other lessons - CLICK HERE TO READ

No comments: