Friday, June 06, 2014

CURLY SISTER: Linda F. Beed





Tell us a little about you and when and why you decided to start wearing your hair naturally?

Because my time is spent between a day job, ministry and writing I needed a style that’s easy to manage and reflected my personal style.

What was your biggest hair obstacle to overcome?

My major obstacle was that ‘in between’ stage. It was that place where I could no longer do small twists, but didn’t have the expertise for creating attractive looks for the medium length hair I had.
     
What are three products you can't live without for your hair?

For shampoo and twisting I love the Mango & Lime products. In between shampoos I use Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey for shine and to minimize fuzz. For those up-do’s, Sleek edge control by Design Essentials helps to keep things in place.

What are your favorite styles to wear?

Of late I’ve been experimenting with up-do’s that take less than five minutes to fashion. 

What natural site/blogs so you follow?

I tend to look for tips on YouTube.

Any advice for the newly natural sister?
  
a. Know that like all hair, it takes time.
   
b. Just because a product is popular and/or pricey it doesn’t mean that it will work for you.
  
c. Experiment with ideas of you own.

Do you have a site/blog/facebook to follow?

      You can find me online at:

      www.lindabeed.com





Would you like to be my next Curly Sister? I have slots available for JUL/AUG/SEP. Send an email to lchwriter@gmail.com

No comments: