Friday, June 16, 2006

WRITERS

Every day I’m introduced to a new writer. It amazes me how many people are out in the world telling their stories.

As writers we believe this job is a solitary job, but if you think about it, it’s really not. There are many others just like us. Yes we write alone, but there are ways to connect with those who feel as we do.

The internet introduced me to those kindred spirits. The ones who understand waking up in the middle of the night because a thought won’t let you sleep. Those who get, writing on a napkin while eating lunch. Are those who can feel your pain when you receive another, “This isn’t for us” letter.

To my fellow writers keep striving for the dream. Keep writing your stories, one day they will be appreciated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to conference, so I can surround myself with people just like me! If there are others like me out there, then God save the world!