Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Answered Prayers

Sunday night, my son comes down stairs near tears. A centipede was crawling on his cover, freaked him out. Since I didn't want to tackle those stairs I told him to bring his blanket down stairs. We shook the blanket out, but he still didn’t feel comfortable going back to his room.

I told him let's pray about it. The Lord will keep him safe. I said a quick prayer and he went upstairs.

The next afternoon, he comes to me and said, “It worked Mama,” I’m lost of course, so I say, “What worked honey?” "The prayer, God kept me safe. The centipede didn’t come back.”

I said, “Of course, God will always keep you safe.”

Don’t you just love it when God answers your prayers?

Keep on praying, he’s listening.

2 comments:

Camy Tang said...

Aw, poor guy, I hate centipedes. That's a great story.
Camy

Patricia W. said...

I've had similar moments with my sons. Sometimes worry about how best to teach them about God but those every day moments are the best.