Monday, October 02, 2006

OCT06 Author Intro: Margaret Daley


See Ya On The Net: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Margaret Daley:
I have been writing for twenty-eight years. I sold my first book to Silhouette Romance in 1981. Since then I have sold forty-nine more books. I am currently writing for Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense.

When I’m not writing, I teach high school special education. I love to teach and have really enjoyed working with teenagers. I also enjoy reading and going to lunch and a movie with a friend.

I have been married to my husband for thirty-six years and we have one son who recently married. As a family we have enjoyed traveling to different places all over the world. It’s hard to pick one favorite place I’ve been.

See Ya On The Net: Tell us about your current book?

DALEY:
My current book is Tidings of Joy, my fifth and last book in the Ladies of Sweetwater Lake. This is the blurb on the back of the book:

He came to Sweetwater to repay a debt. Chance Taylor didn’t expect to have feelings for his new landlady, Tanya Bolton. He could see newly widowed Tanya had worked hard to put the pieces of her world back together, caring for her wheelchair-bound daughter and taking a job at the local bank.

Chance’s arrival interrupted Tanya’s routine...and brought unexpected happiness to her life. But the secret obligation he struggled with meant Chance could lose Tanya--and his chance for a fresh start--forever.

See Ya On The Net: What would I like my readers to take away from the book?

DALEY:
The importance of second chances. Both Tanya and Chance get one and almost lose it. We can start over and we shouldn’t be afraid to when we need to.

See Ya On The Net: What led you to the idea of writing this book, and then to the actual writing of it?

DALEY:
The character of Tanya was in the first four books of the series and she kept growing throughout the other stories. She has had to deal with a lot in her life, but with Chance she finds she can actually help another hurting more than she.

See Ya On The Net: How are you marketing your book and what are your thoughts about the importance of marketing for authors?

DALEY:
I think we have to promote our books. I have a web site and a blog which I think is important for a writer. I also participate in the Steeple Hill boards at eHarlequin web site. But the most important thing is to write the best book possible. Hopefully your story speaks for you.

See Ya On The Net: What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

DALEY:
That we get rich writing for a living. Yes, there are some who do but the majority of writers don’t.

See Ya On The Net: What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?

DALEY:
James Rollins’ Black Order--I love his adventure/suspense books.

See Ya On The Net: What resources do you use on the net?

DALEY:
Whatever I need. I usually google a topic and search for resources that way. It will depend on what I need to research. Also, the writers on ACFW, FHL and KOD’s loops are wonderful as a resource.

See Ya On The Net: How can readers get in contact with you?

DALEY:
My e-mail is Mdaley50@aol.com.
My web site is www.margaretdaley.com

My address is P.O. Box 2074, Tulsa, OK 74101.

No comments: