Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What type of writer are you?

Plotter / Pantzer / Scene-er?

I think I’m a little of all. I like to plot sometimes. I enjoy sitting down with a pad of paper and seeing were my thoughts go. Sometimes my stories come to me in scenes.

I use to think I had to be one type. It drove me crazy. Now I know that there is no right or wrong to write as long as you write.

I received this quote today and it was perfect.

The Written Word -- Quote a Day

7/26/05: Secret Formulas

"Books don't get written by talking about them, by looking for a 'secret formula' or by agonizing over them. Books get written by gluing one's behind to the chair and writing them." --Mercedes Lackey


The Written Word (http://www.topica.com/lists/TheWrittenWordEZine) is a daily source of inspiration for writers, editors and publishers. If you would like to submit a publishing-related quote, please e-mail the quotation with the accurate source to Maidenfate@aol.com. Use the subject heading "The Written Word." We do not accept anonymous quotes.

If you’re like me thinking of a millions things to do instead of writing. DON’T, just WRITE.

What type of writer are you?

2 comments:

upwords said...

I'm all of the above. Each book is different. As for the quote, she hit it exactly... :)

Shelia said...

I'm a combination of them all. Yes, the best way to get over writer's block is to WRITE.